Aspire to Inspire before you Expire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Ye of Little Faith

4 posters

Go down

Oh Ye of Little Faith Empty Oh Ye of Little Faith

Post by Chaco Sat 17 Mar - 0:08

Hey guys, been a while since I wrote something on here, so here's one from off the top of my head.

I was at a friend's house recently and i spent some time telling this friend about some of the problems that I was going through and how I was rather lost and confused about the direction that my life was taking.

He listened, as a good friend would, and then took out his Bible and told me to read Matthew Ch 6, verse 25 onwards.

So, for those of us who have just received our SPM and STPM results; some of us may be riding high, others may be quite sad. Some are worried. "What am I going to do now," "There goes my dreams of becoming a doctor," or "My parents can't afford college, and my results aren't good enough to get a scholarship."

In Matthew Chapter 6 it says that the birds of the air neither toil nor worry, yet the Lord feeds them. And here are we, made in the very image of our God, fearfully and wonderfully made, and will the Lord not feed us?

For those of us who didn't do so well in the exams, it might be difficult to stomach this kind of talk now. We may even feel let down. But remember this, God will feed you. And I'm not just talking about food as in nourishment, I mean he will sustain you, mentally and emotionally as well as physically.

It's a Promise guys, and if you still worry and mope about it, then Jesus calls you "ye of little faith." Because what is your faith if you cannot believe that your Redeemer King cannot see you through. Do you think he snatched you away from the jaws of hell for nothing?

Remember this, you are made in the image of Adonai, God the Lord. The LORD made you and he will care for you. So your life may take a different turn from the one that you expected. Remember that even in that, Jehovah Rohi (the Lord our Shepherd) is shepherding you, and his shepherds crook is there to keep you from straying; and he will lead you to the green grass.

When you're down, and feel knocked out by the world, remember the Creator God in whose image you are made. He is behind you, and watching over you. Lift up your head, and push on in faith.

For those of you who have finished SPM, I congratulate you and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

God Bless
Chaco
Chaco
A Junior Member. Don't bully me yet.

Number of posts : 25
Place I Live : RK, S'ban, NS, Mas
My Blog : http://achacolife.blogspot.com
Love To : EAT, SLEEP
Registration date : 2007-02-08

http://profiles.friendster.com/achacolife

Back to top Go down

Oh Ye of Little Faith Empty Re: Oh Ye of Little Faith

Post by jessamine Sat 17 Mar - 13:25

yup..amen ...a great promise..
jessamine
jessamine
A b4-you-expire Addict. Cheers.

Number of posts : 609
Place I Live : u ain't no need 2 know
Love To : sleep......eat........on9.....
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by joeltay17 Sat 17 Mar - 13:36

May I add in Jeremiah 29:11? =)
joeltay17
joeltay17
Administrator. Beware. I control. =p.

Number of posts : 2149
Place I Live : Your house.
My Blog : Doesn't really exist.
Love To : Talk with guitars.
Registration date : 2007-01-30

http://www.friendster.com/joeltay17

Back to top Go down

Post by miraged Wed 11 Apr - 3:35

also, please read the chapters surrounding that chapter/ verse.

it'll give u a better picture on what the author (of the particular book in the bible) is trying to say

post31

miraged
A Senior Member. I love b4-you-expire .

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2007-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum