Aspire to Inspire before you Expire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why the Cross?

+2
leekinfei
Chaco
6 posters

Go down

Why the Cross? Empty Why the Cross?

Post by Chaco Thu 1 Mar - 0:40

Hey y'all. I attended a Bible Study recently and here are some very interesting points that were brought up. I just thought it was interesting because it is an aspect of our faith that we overlook very often.

Why the cross? Of course we all know that Jesus Christ died to save our sins, but besides that, all the suffering that Jesus went through all those 2000 odd years ago has a very real application in the lives of Christians today.

As Christians we are called to "take up our cross and follow Christ." The cross, as we all know, is something painful, and a symbol of suffering. So the fact is ladies and gentlemen, that as Christians we are called to suffer.

Why must we suffer? There are a few verses that tell us. Job 23:10 tells us that we are refined as gold after we have gone through suffering. Isaiah 48:10 tells us that we "are refined in the furnace of affliction." In 1Peter 1:6-7 that the trial of our faith might be found unto the glory and honour at the appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ ie. His second coming.

So we can say that we are to suffer that our faith may be strengthened. But I mentioned earlier that the cross (ie. suffering) has a very practical application in the lives of Christians today. If you look at Hebrews 4:15, you will find Christ described as our High Priest, one who has been tempted and tested and tried as we are, yet without sin. Christ went through the Cross of Calvary so that he could indentify with us. When we go to Him with our troubles, the Lord can say "Yes I know, I understand, I've been there."

The interesting thing is that the same applies to us. When we have gone through suffering and painful experiences, we can in turn identify with others who are going through suffering, and we can bring them comfort. In these last days, God needs people like this, tried, who can go out and bring comfort to those who are suffering, drawing more and more souls to Him. This is why we go through pain, because it is the birthing pains of new souls for the Lord. For all the the Lord has gone through for us, can we not suffer this little bit to see more souls snatched away from the jaws of hell?

You see, God can see the utter horror and abject despair that a person feels when he or she is condemned to an eternity in hell. We as humans cannot see that, and many a time we do not feel the urgency to tell others about Christ. How do you think God feels when he sees us, His chosen children, just loafing about complacently while millions are being cast into the flames?

So yes, Christians are called to bear their cross. But always remember that Christ is there to see you through. He's been through it, He knows how to get you through it. Hebrews 4:16 says that we should "come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

So carry your cross with a thankful heart, Christian, and imagine the love that you will see in Christ's eyes when one day you look upon His beautiful face.

Cheers.
Chaco
Chaco
A Junior Member. Don't bully me yet.

Number of posts : 25
Place I Live : RK, S'ban, NS, Mas
My Blog : http://achacolife.blogspot.com
Love To : EAT, SLEEP
Registration date : 2007-02-08

http://profiles.friendster.com/achacolife

Back to top Go down

Why the Cross? Empty Re: Why the Cross?

Post by leekinfei Thu 1 Mar - 22:15

it was indeed a very powerful message, thanks for reminding.
leekinfei
leekinfei
A Member. I'm into b4-you-expire .

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jessamine Sat 3 Mar - 1:17

This reminds me of the song FOREVER by hillsong(you are my world~album)
to see GOD face to face & see the smile on His face when we hav fullfilled our purposes on earth..
jessamine
jessamine
A b4-you-expire Addict. Cheers.

Number of posts : 609
Place I Live : u ain't no need 2 know
Love To : sleep......eat........on9.....
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by joeltay17 Sat 3 Mar - 13:36

aaronC wrote:

You see, God can see the utter horror and abject despair that a person feels when he or she is condemned to an eternity in hell. We as humans cannot see that, and many a time we do not feel the urgency to tell others about Christ. How do you think God feels when he sees us, His chosen children, just loafing about complacently while millions are being cast into the flames?

Cheers.

I guess people do see the urgency...but telling others about Christ...we need some kind of way to...you know...fit in this topic to some conversation you and your friends are talking about.
And yes, I can't live with the fact my friends are going to be cast into flames..

It's hard for me to start this topic...man..sometimes i dont know what i'm talking about either...
joeltay17
joeltay17
Administrator. Beware. I control. =p.

Number of posts : 2149
Place I Live : Your house.
My Blog : Doesn't really exist.
Love To : Talk with guitars.
Registration date : 2007-01-30

http://www.friendster.com/joeltay17

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaco Sat 3 Mar - 22:31

Regarding your dilemma, Joel, we often discuss in church and Aspirers as to how we can live our lives for God, and thus draw people to us so that we can tell them about Christ.

One thing I think we seem to miss out is that, in this, as in all things, we need to depend upon Christ. We always think "What can I do?" "Shall I tell this person this?" "Shall I start of the discussion this way?"

Try this for a change: Ask God to send someone to you and tell Him to lead you in what to say. But don't just forget about it the moment you have finished your prayer. Be aware of the people around you. When God sends someone your way you'll know. The Holy Spirit will lead you in what to say. Sometimes it can seem like someone else speaking through you. Remember that God wants them to be saved even more than you do, but he needs you to approach the lost souls.

One thing you should remember: You are not telling people about Christ to prove a point. Your job is to tell the about the God that you know.
You cannot save anybody; just tell them about your Jesus, and leave the saving to He who created Heaven and Earth.

The gist of it is this: Quit worrying and depend on God to lead you. When the Holy Spirit comes upon you to use you as His vessel, you will not believe what He can do through you.

Cheers!

Last edited by on Wed 7 Mar - 20:40; edited 1 time in total
Chaco
Chaco
A Junior Member. Don't bully me yet.

Number of posts : 25
Place I Live : RK, S'ban, NS, Mas
My Blog : http://achacolife.blogspot.com
Love To : EAT, SLEEP
Registration date : 2007-02-08

http://profiles.friendster.com/achacolife

Back to top Go down

Post by joeltay17 Sat 3 Mar - 23:28

Thanks for the encouragement and advice Aaron...Smile
joeltay17
joeltay17
Administrator. Beware. I control. =p.

Number of posts : 2149
Place I Live : Your house.
My Blog : Doesn't really exist.
Love To : Talk with guitars.
Registration date : 2007-01-30

http://www.friendster.com/joeltay17

Back to top Go down

Post by jian Mon 12 Mar - 14:34

Brilliant stuff...thx Aaron
jian
jian

Number of posts : 792
Place I Live : Siu pao land
My Blog : jian-ney.blogspot.com
Love To : Play futsal and see people around me happy
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by miraged Wed 11 Apr - 3:39

i've found a good way.
involve ur friends with what u do in chruch.
a lot of my uni friends ask me why i go back every weekedn (i stay in KL from monday - friday, i've got uni)

and then, instead of saying, OH, i've got church... i explain to them what i do .... and then tell them why i do what i do.

they'll see the passion and excitement in my eyes, and they'll ask more... it's not a one day thing.. sometimes it takes few days/ a week before they ask more...
but it's somewhere to start.

also, pray for them. 6 names!

post32

miraged
A Senior Member. I love b4-you-expire .

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2007-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jessamine Sun 2 Sep - 23:01

itz lk our master suffered what do u expect ...
so the servant will indeed suffer more than the master cz servant
ma.....so we can't expect 2 live a happy live here on earth cz God suffered...
jessamine
jessamine

Number of posts : 609
Place I Live : u ain't no need 2 know
Love To : sleep......eat........on9.....
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down