Aspire to Inspire before you Expire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Cor 13

3 posters

Go down

1 Cor 13 Empty 1 Cor 13

Post by tananne Thu 8 Feb - 10:15

If I speak in tongues of men and of angels but have not love, I am only a resounding gong and a clanging cymbals; If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathomn all knowledge, and If i have the faith that can move mountains but have not love i am nothing; If i give all i possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps not record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always hopes, always trusts, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there is tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, they will pass away. For we know in part and prophecy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a chile. when I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now I see but a poor reflection as in a mirror, then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part, then I shall know fully even as I am fully known.

And now these three remains: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

-------------------------------------------------------

I was made to memorize this once upon a time. And we hear it so many times during weddings. But it took me years to begin truly understanding what this chapter is saying. as I know realise, this is a very powerful chapter. Understand this and u'll understand love. It is so NOT what we know it as. dont jus take part of it but the entire thing!

Love one another as Christ loved us!
Love your neighbour as yourself!
God is all about love!
tananne
tananne
A Member. I'm into b4-you-expire .

Number of posts : 196
My Blog : http://tananne.blogspot.com
Love To : hang out with you guys all...
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Back to top Go down

1 Cor 13 Empty Re: 1 Cor 13

Post by jessamine Sun 11 Feb - 19:03

Amen...tat was lk my lesson 2 day...ahahhaha
jessamine
jessamine
A b4-you-expire Addict. Cheers.

Number of posts : 609
Place I Live : u ain't no need 2 know
Love To : sleep......eat........on9.....
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by leekinfei Mon 12 Feb - 21:19

That is a long chapter to memorize..anyway, hopefully i can memorize it as well, and to truly understand, its not too late for everything,
leekinfei
leekinfei
A Member. I'm into b4-you-expire .

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum